Databases | Aerospace Structural Metals Database (ASMD)
The ASMD was created by CINDAS LLC in 2007. It is the web-based version of the highly respected and widely used Aerospace Structural Metals Handbook (ASMH) developed by Air Force and NASA. The ASMD has quickly become the industry benchmark for materials properties of high strength, light weight alloys. It now contains more than 91,500 data curves and over 7,000 pages of critically evaluated information on over 255 alloys used in the aerospace and other industries. It has the same interactive features as the TPMD and MPMD. It is updated and expanded continually with carefully selected alloys.
CINDAS LLC web-based database graphing functions include:
- Large graphs.
- Hovering cursor will show x and y values of each data point on the graph, in the color of the graph. All of the actual test data is still shown using the Show Text option.
- Zoom feature expands the scale of the graph instantly. To zoom into the graph, click and drag a box around the data points to see in more detail. The graph will automatically adjust the axis values. This feature may be used multiple times to expand the same area of the graph. To return to the original graph, click Reset Zoom.
- Export to printer, JPG, PNG, PDF, etc. New icons on graph display, allow user to save/export the graph to various programs.
- Change Units feature placed next to the property and can be changed prior to viewing graph.
- Expanded HELP section to explain new features.
- Question marks (?) for immediate help with material and curve selection instructions.