Databases | High Performance Alloys Database (HPAD)
The HPAD was created by CINDAS LLC to address the needs of the oil/gas, chemical processing, power generation, and transportation industries. We were asked by many engineers in industries other than aerospace to produce a materials properties database analogous to the ASMD in format, but more focused on the specific needs of these high performance industries including detailed data on corrosion performance and joining. Some time ago, we conducted an exhaustive study with materials experts in these industries as well as with the major manufacturers of high performance alloys. The inaugural release of the HPAD was in March 2015. It now contains a total of 102 chapters with 135 alloys. There are over 13,000 datasets, more than 45,000 data curves with more than 9,500 PDF pages of text, tables and references. The HPAD has the same interactive features as the ASMD, TPMD and MPMD. Like our other databases, it is web based, and updated and expanded continually with carefully selected alloys.
CINDAS LLC web-based database graphing functions include:
- Large graphs.
- Hovering cursor will show x and y values of each data point on the graph, in the color of the graph. All of the actual test data is still shown using the Show Text option.
- Zoom feature expands the scale of the graph instantly. To zoom into the graph, click and drag a box around the data points to see in more detail. The graph will automatically adjust the axis values. This feature may be used multiple times to expand the same area of the graph. To return to the original graph, click Reset Zoom.
- Export to printer, JPG, PNG, PDF, etc. New icons on graph display, allow user to save/export the graph to various programs.
- Change Units feature placed next to the property and can be changed prior to viewing graph.
- Expanded HELP section to explain new features.
- Question marks (?) for immediate help with material and curve selection instructions.