CINDAS LLC cares about your privacy. For this reason, CINDAS LLC collects and uses personal data only as it might be needed for CINDAS LLC to deliver products, services, and websites, (collectively, the "Services"). Your personal data includes information such as:
- Telephone number
- Billing and delivery information
- E-mail address
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you
As the Services may change from time to time, this Policy is expected to change as well. CINDAS LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend this Policy at any time, for any reason, which amendment(s) will be effective upon posting to our website. The date of the last revision to this Policy will be indicated by the "Last Updated" date located at the end of this Policy. Your use of the Services after such changes or modifications have been made shall constitute your acceptance of this Policy as last revised. If you do not agree to be bound by this Policy as last revised, do not use (or continue to use) the Services. In addition, CINDAS LLC may occasionally notify you of changes or modifications to this Policy by e-mail. It is therefore important that you keep your membership account information accurate. CINDAS LLC assumes no liability or responsibility for your failure to receive an e-mail notification if such failure results from an inaccurate e-mail address.
III. Information That CINDAS LLC Collects
- Personally Identifiable Information: CINDAS LLC may collect information (online, by phone or paper) that identifies you ("Personally Identifiable Information") when you provide such information on the CINDAS LLC website(s). The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected may include your name, address, phone number billing and delivery information, e-mail address, or information about your business.
- Non-Personal Data: As you interact with CINDAS LLC through our online resources, CINDAS LLC may also collect information about your browsing history or certain other information that is not considered Personally Identifiable Information through your use of and visits to these resources through a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and other tools. "Cookies" are pieces of code or text placed on your computer when you browse a website. Cookies may be placed by CINDAS LLC or our web analytics third party vendors or partners. "Tags" and web beacons refer to code scripts that are primarily used to track visitor activities by web analytics software. The types of non-personal data collected on CINDAS LLC website(s) through the use of these, and other tools may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user, browser information, computer type, operating system, internet service providers, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, ads viewed, among other non-personal data (collectively, all of the foregoing data is considered "Non-Personal Data"). Additionally, Cookies, Tags and other tools placed by our web analytics third party vendors or partners may collect other information about you and your visits to websites and elsewhere on the Internet including, but not limited to, your industry, company size, among other Non-Personal Data.
IV. How CINDAS LLC Uses and Shares Personally Identifiable Information
CINDAS LLC strongly believes in both minimizing the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which CINDAS LLC has been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the Services, or (3) as CINDAS LLC might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes.
- Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information. Once collected, CINDAS LLC may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
Transfer of personal data abroad: If you utilize the Services from a country other than the country where CINDAS LLC servers are located, your communications with CINDAS LLC may result in transferring your personal data across international borders. Also, when you call CINDAS LLC, CINDAS LLC may provide you with support from our headquarter location which may be outside of your country of origin. In these cases, your personal data is handled according to this Policy.
- Provide service communications such as subscription reminders, order confirmations, newsletters, and customer service messages
- Respond to your e-mails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of CINDAS LLC website(s)
- Fulfill and/or deliver the Services
- Share with third parties as required by law or to protect CINDAS LLC as described below in section IV.B
- Communicate with you
- Improve and optimize the operation and performance of the Services
- Diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- Collect aggregate statistics about use of the Services
- Understand and analyze how you use the Services and what products and services are most relevant to you
- Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect CINDAS LLC's Interests. CINDAS LLC may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on CINDAS LLC, including, but not limited to, compliance with legal, regulatory, and law enforcement requests. In such instances, CINDAS LLC cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. CINDAS LLC will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as CINDAS LLC, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity CINDAS LLC considers to be illegal or unethical. To the extent CINDAS LLC is legally permitted to do so, CINDAS LLC will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that CINDAS LLC is required to provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties as part of legal process; (b) protect and/or defend the rights or property of CINDAS LLC; (c) protect the personal safety of CINDAS LLC personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances; or (d) if CINDAS LLC and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged or if CINDAS LLC undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise, information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
- Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information Pursuant to CINDAS LLC Policy. Your Personally Identifiable Information will only be used by CINDAS LLC. We do not sell or rent Personally Identifiable Information to anyone outside of CINDAS LLC. CINDAS LLC will not share Personally Identifiable Information to unrelated third-parties or affiliates, except as further specified. CINDAS LLC may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties to enable CINDAS LLC to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Furthermore, CINDAS LLC may share your email address with third parties to enable CINDAS LLC to provide you with its Newsletter.
V. How to Manage the Sharing of Your Personally Identifiable Information
You can manage your membership profile and preferences, including opting out of e-mail either online or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
VI. How CINDAS LLC May Use and Share Non-Personal Data
Through the use of various technological tools, CINDAS LLC may collect Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of CINDAS LLC website(s) and the Services and for other business reasons. CINDAS LLC may share the Non-Personal Data collected with third parties or permit third parties to place tools like Cookies, Tags, and web beacons, to collect additional Non-Personal Data when you browse CINDAS LLC websites. CINDAS LLC does not share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties with whom it shares your Non-Personal Data. CINDAS LLC services may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. CINDAS is not responsible for the collection or use of your Personal or Anonymous Information at any third party site. Please note that you may be subject to the privacy policies of non-CINDAS LLC companies when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by CINDAS LLC.
VII. California and GDPR Privacy Rights
In addition to the rights as explained in this Policy, under California's "Shine the Light" law and/or the European General Data Protection Rules (GDPR), CINDAS LLC clients or Non-CINDAS LLC clients who provide personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light statute and/or the GDPR) in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from CINDAS LLC, once a calendar year, information about the personal information CINDAS LLC shared, if any, with other businesses for marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which CINDAS LLC shared such personal information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information about 2017). To obtain this information please send your request to:
CINDAS LLCPlease include your full name and address.
Attn: Membership-Privacy Law
1801 Newman Road, Suite 104B
West Lafayette, IN 47906-4510
VIII. Canada Anti-Spam Law (CASL) and GDPR
Non-CINDAS LLC Members or Associates who have provided CINDAS LLC a Canadian or European Union mailing address will not receive unauthorized Commercial Electronic Messages (CEMs) as defined under CASL and GDPR unless these individuals have opted-in to receive CEMs. To opt-in to receive newsletters from CINDAS LLC, please subscribe here. You may manage your subscriber profile.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the GDPR, you may direct questions or complaints to the UK's Information Commissioner's Office, as noted below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Phone: 0303 123 1113
CINDAS LLC strictly adheres to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and does not knowingly collect personal data online from or market online to children under the age of 13. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 13 has provided CINDAS LLC with any personal data, please contact us.
X. Information Security
CINDAS LLC implements commercially reasonable security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. CINDAS LLC restricts access to personal information to certain companies who may need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve the Services. These individuals or partner organizations are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, CINDAS LLC cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from CINDAS LLC online products or services. If you have questions about this Policy, please contact CINDAS LLC at email@example.com.
XI. User ID and Password
Certain areas of the CINDAS LLC website(s) may require the use of a user ID, e-mail address, or password, as an additional security measure that helps protect your information. To help you protect your privacy, the CINDAS LLC website(s) has tools to help you log in and log out.
XII. Linking to Other Internet Sites
You should be aware that other Internet sites that are linked from CINDAS LLC websites or from a CINDAS LLC e-mail message may contain privacy provisions that differ from the provisions of this Policy. To ensure your privacy is protected, we recommend that you review the privacy statements of these other linked sites, applications, or other digital platforms.
XIII. How You Can Access and Change Information
If you are a subscriber to CINDAS LLC products, or purchaser of the Services you may review and update/correct your profile information directly on CINDAS LLC's website (https//:cindasdata.com or by firstname.lastname@example.org). E-mail preferences should be updated using the CINDAS LLC E-mail Preference Form. To opt-in to receive messages from CINDAS LLC, please subscribe here.